Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Oh yes, I know I'm late but I am here and I am posting some of my Christmas Eve Holiday Photos. This year we had a Pajama party! All the families wore their matching PJs. Taryn was so excited when she saw her "Fancy" pjs and her pink slippers....Yes, mom came through for her girl! Jeremy and I wore a patriotic assortment, (blue & red pjs) that Jeremy picked out for us. For some reason he didn't want to be in "Fancy" pjs. I personally would have paid big money for a picture of that and then I would have blogged about it for all of you to see........He-he!!!

The party was so much fun...We played pictionary with Christmas themes...and that was fun. I had Dad prepare a little spiritual thought about the season. He had mom gather some pictures from her personal library and then he proceeded to tell the Christmas story. Well let's just say that Dad was a little tired that night from working all day. Most of what he said came out all mixed up and for those of you who know my father, know that he is somewhat of a scriptorian. So this was a little unusual and comical to say the least. So we all burst in to laughter when he said .."amen" and then Seth, (my brother) said now let's play correct the false doctrine. Oh yes we all just laughed our heads off. Kudos to mom for assisting dad. She was at least trying to get the pictures in the right order....you know the star before the baby Jesus was born.....Great job mom!!!!

Well there were a lot of gifts given this night. All the siblings picked names and all the cousins did the same. We tried things a little different and had all the gifts given one at a time so that we all could enjoy the process. Surprisingly there was minimal chaos! The best part was watching Ikaika's face as Noa opened the gift that he had supposedly purchased for him. (Of course he had no idea what it was because his mom bought it for him.)I don't think
I've ever seen a more disappointed face on a child. You could see it all over his face that if he had known what it was, he would've never given it up!

Yeah the sad part is that Taryn does the same thing when we shop for others. You know those occasional B-day parties etc. Except she tells me up front that she likes something and then in the same breath says that we can't get it for whoever because it won't be fair to her if they have that nice thing. Yeah, we have lots of talks about how we should treat others. I wonder if it is getting through.

Well here's to another awesome year...I hope that is a great one for you all too! Love Ya, Felicia

P.S. If you haven't noticed Jeremy has been keeping up with the blog. I do appreciate his dedication to keeping you all informed. Unfortunately, I don't get to surf the net at work.....like he does. You know those air traffic controllers and their MANDATORY breaks...Ha-ha.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how everyone has to wear there pajamas, I think I will try that with my family next year. Oh, this is Jennifer Brown, I got your blog address off of Charity's blog. I saw that you guys had a heat wave of almost 40, we are still in the upper 70's here. Arizona is great in the winter, but not in the summer.

The Rhodehouse's said...

Wow it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I sure miss your family. It was such fun getting to know you all. I really enjoyed it. I have a blog too so check it out sometime. http://www.rhodehome.blogspot.com