Sunday, September 7, 2008

Family that 'KICKS' together 'STICKS' together


This past March Taryn and I started taking TaeKwonDoe. It has been a blast! I wanted an activity that 1.we could do together as a family to help us get in shape and 2. something to help Taryn develope more confidence. A friend suggested that we try out CHAMP TAE KWON DOE ACADEMY. So we tried a trial lesson and loved it. Originally Jeremy had signed up with us but then realized that it would cut in to his fishing time and thus we now have just the girls. I guess that is not completely true since my nephews, Kymani and Ikaika come with us also. Practice is FUN! We yell a lot, say "Yes SIR!!!!!" just about every other word, and boy do we sweat!!!! Well mainly me . Most of the young kids like to watch me because I get so RED in the face.....I think they are wondering if I'm going to make it! Well this photo is from Taryn's first tournament. She took first place in her Pomse (her form competition) and she took 1st place in her BOARD BREAKING competition!!! Jeremy and I were so proud of her, She performed in front of 100's of people and didn't seem to be nervous. Did I participate? Not this time. I had a wedding cake to deliver that day and honestly I was a little glad. I was nervous too. Now at the end of this month we test for our orange belts. We have already received our yellow (white is the first) and who knows how far we will go!!!

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

That is awesome! Good for you and Taryn. I think there are a lot of good reasons to participate in martial arts. We actually just started Ethan in a Kyuki-Do class. He loves it. I would like to join too, eventually.