Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a wild wild world!

This is Felicia's blog, but I'm taking over today, I've been home all week with one heck of a major sinus infection. The Dr. gave me some great decongestants but I can't work and take my medicine at the same time (medication and aircraft safety don't mix too well). On top of being sick, I have a serious case of cabin fever! It's too cold outside to go for a walk (high of 21 degrees in today's forecast), daytime TV is pathetic, and one can only do so much cleaning before the smell of Lysol, comet and Windex makes you ill.

So after perusing our gallery of photos from this last month I found a few of my favorite wildlife photos that were taken recently.

Earlier this month Felicia was at a chiropractic convention at Alyeska Resort. Taryn and I went with her and had some great daddy daughter time of which most was spent in the swimming pool. But we were able to get out and enjoy some of the sites of Alaska. We had a great time visiting the Alaska Wildlife and Conservation Center where we found the Grizzly and Moose. I have to say this is one of the largest Moose I have ever seen. While we see wildlife all of the time up here, it is usually while we are driving from one place to the next or while I am out fishing and I am more concerned about keeping adequate distance between the bears and me than a great photo op.

Taryn loves looking for animals! She really has an appreciation of God's creations, some of which I have fostered by taking her fishing with me, but mostly I think she is just fascinated with the world around her. She recently went on her own safari to see what wild and ferocious creatures she could find and capture with the camera. After traveling for some time on her own ( a couple of hours) she returned safely from her odyssey and had to show us all the pictures she took.

Of the many silly and interesting photos she took, I think this one was my favorite. I told Taryn that Buster the bunny has been on many of his own safari's and as such had many great and wild stories to tell. I explained the great humanitarian efforts he inspired to make one sick little boy very happy.

Taryn loves buster and often keeps him close to watch over her at night, unless he is keeping her awake by talking to much with her other animals.
To those of you that remember this old rabbit, you would be happy to know that Buster is well and still full of fluff!

-Jeremy

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great pictures Jer. As soon as I saw Buster I started bawling. That brings back a lot of memories. I am glad Buster has a good home with Taryn. I think Tom would be happy to know that Buster is being well taken care of and watching over another child.
Becky