Thursday, October 30, 2008

We are Lovin the Leaves!


B4 the snow fell, Leilani and I took the kids over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a little service activity. Their back yard is surrounded by large, very old Cottonwoods and needless to say they leave a mess in the fall. So we packed up the kids and went to rake some leaves. I admit that we had to bribe them a little bit. I promised Taryn she could jump on the trampoline after we finished raking and that was all the motivation she needed.
We had a great time as you can see from the photos. Of course, we had to jump in the leaves and throw them around a little bit. That was a given! Grandma even came out and rolled around in the leaves a bit too. The funny thing is that she lost her keys in the enormous piles of leaves that we threw out behind the house. Luckily, grandpa went out to look for them and there they were, right beside the tree trunk! Boy was she lucky......grandpa would have given her a hard time about that one...he-he
The nice moment of the evening came when it was time to go. Grandpa (my dad) said that the neighbor had come over earlier and expressed to dad how amazed he was that we (his 2 daughters) would come over and help him like that. He wanted to know how he got us to do it! When Dad told him that he didn't even ask us and that we just showed up with little helpers in tow, the man was shocked! He told Dad he was very lucky and blessed...and he said, "You just don't see that anymore."
That was pretty cool. I guess it has always been important to me to be aware of others around me and see what they might stand in need of. My prayer is that my little girl will learn the value of that trait and you know what...I think she does.

(side note: In case you are wondering where Jeremy was...fishin...no, he was at work.)

No comments: